Jamie Lee Curtis has always been a personality whom people have desired to know more. Jamie Lee Curtis Net worth, her movies and a lot more has been the talk of the town ever since. So, let’s know more about this dynamic star.
Jamie Lee Curtis Net Worth
Jamie Lee Curtis Net Worth is $60 million net worth which is a combined amount alongside her husband Christopher Guest. Interestingly, she has not got anything from Tony’s will
How much did Jamie Lee Curtis get paid for Halloween?
She revealed in a 2018 interview that she received only $8,000 for her part and $200 to pay for her own outfits from the first Halloween (1978).
However, after the success it got, Curtis grabbed $100,000 in Halloween II.
Jamie received a huge $5 million salary when Halloween: H20 was released.
Halloween Resurrection premiered on the big screen in 2002. Jamie received a massive $3 million salary despite having little screen time.
In Halloween Kills, it is estimated that shoe got around $6 million.
In Halloween Ends, she has reportedly taken $6-8 million.
All in all, she made nearly $21 million from the whole Halloween series.
It can be seen that Halloween has a significant chunk in Jamie Lee Curtis Net Worth.
Jamie Lee Curtis Personal
Jamie Lee Curtis Age
Curtis was born on November 22, 1958 and is 64 years old. Curtis was born in Santa Monica, California.
Jamie Lee Curtis Height
Jamie Lee Curtis height is 5’7″ or about 170 cm tall.
Jamie Lee Curtis Family
She was born to a rich parents Tony Curtis and Janet Leigh. Her dad was a Jew. Her mother’s background was primarily German and Scots-Irish, with two of her maternal great-grandparents being Danish. Jamie Lee Curtis rarely visited her father after their divorce in 1962; instead, she resided with her mother and Robert Brandt, her stepfather.
Jamie Lee Curtis Husband
She got married to Christopher Guest on December 18, 1984. He is screenwriter and director. Jamie Lee Curtis Net worth is shared by him.
She told her friend Debra Hill, “Oh, I’m going to marry that guy,” after seeing a picture of Christopher Guest from the movie This Is Spinal Tap in Rolling Stone. She wed him five months later.
Jamie Lee Curtis Daughter
Ruby, 25, and Annie, 34, are two of Curtis’ daughters with her husband Christopher Guest.
After struggling with infertility, Curtis and Guest became parents through adoption. Curtis added of her family in Pact’s Point of View Newsletter: “Every great cliché about becoming a mother is true. You get an incomprehensible type of feeling. It’s a long-term commitment that I’ve altered my lifestyle to fulfill.“
Jamie Lee Curtis Daughter Ruby
Ruby is Curtis and Guest’s second child. Ruby revealed that she is transgender. Ruby married her spouse Kynthia in May, 2022.
“It was scary — just the sheer fact of telling them something about me they didn’t know, but I wasn’t worried. They had been so accepting of me my entire life.”Ruby tells People on coming out as trans.
Jamie Lee Curtis Movies
- In 1978 horror movie Halloween directed by John Carpenter, Curtis made her acting debut as Laurie Strode. The movie was a huge hit and often regarded as the highest-grossing independent movie of its time.
- She costarred with Stacey Keach in the Australian thriller Roadgames, which was directed by Richard Franklin, in 1981. Quentin Tarantino supported it and it developed a cult following.
- Her other film roles also include those in My Girl (1991) and My Girl 2 (1994), the suspense thriller Mother’s Boys (1993), the Disney comedy Freaky Friday (2003), and the live-action-animated Beverly Hills Chihuahua (2010). She also starred opposite Kristen Bell in the 2010 comedy You Again.
- Curtis reprised her role as Laurie Strode in the horror sequel movie Halloween and further parts, marking her return to main roles.
- Afterwards, she played Linda in the critically acclaimed mystery movie Knives Out directed by Rian Johnson.
Jamie Lee Curtis Everything Everywhere All At Once
In 2016, IndieWire named her one of the best actors never to have received an Academy Award nomination.
Then, in 2021, she played Deirdre Beaubeirdra in the comedy-drama action movie Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022), which led to her being nominated for Best Supporting Actress Academy Award, BAFTA, Golden Globe, and Screen Actors Guild Awards.
Jamie Lee Curtis Awards
- Curtis won the BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role in 1983 for her performance in Trading Places.
- She got the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Comedy or Musical for her role in A Fish Called Wanda.
- She also won a Golden Globe for her performance in James Cameron’s 1994 action comedy True Lies.
She received the Golden Lion award at the Venice Film Festival in September 2021 in recognition of her lifetime accomplishments.
Jamie Lee Curtis Social Media
Jamie Lee Curtis Instagram – 4.9 million followers
Jamie Lee Curtis Twitter – 755k followers
Jamie Lee Curtis Facebook – 2.9 million followers
Looking at these numbers, we can see that Jamie Lee Curtis Net Worth not only in dollars but in the fans she has gathered all these years.
Jamie Lee Curtis Books
She has written many children books. Some of them are
- When I Was Little: A Four-Year Old’s Memoir of Her Youth, 1993.
- Today I Feel Silly, and Other Moods That Make My Day, 1998; listed on the New York Times best-seller list for 10 weeks.
- It’s Hard to Be Five: Learning How to Work My Control Panel, 2004.
- This Is Me: A Story of Who We Are and Where We Came From, 2016.
- Me, Myselfie & I: A Cautionary Tale, 2018.
Does Jamie Lee Curtis have biological children?
After struggling with infertility, Curtis and Guest became parents through adoption. She has 2 daughters Ruby and Annie.
Why did Tony Curtis disinherit Jamie Lee Curtis?
A few months before going into cardiac arrest and passing away, Tony Curtis updated his Will and Trust. By doing this, he eliminated all of his children and left Jill Vandenberg, his sixth wife, the entirety of his money. Tony’s five children, including Curtis, suspected Jill of trying to persuade him to amend his will.
Inspite of that, Jamie Lee Curtis Net worth is $60 million.
What is Jamie Lee Curtis biggest movie?
Her biggest movies include Halloween Kills and True Lies.
Is Jamie Lee Curtis related to Michael Myers?
The unexpected twist—that Laurie Strode (character played by Curtis) is Michael Myers’ sister—is revealed toward the end of the movie, in a scene between Loomis and his associate Marion Chambers. The franchise underwent an everlasting shift the moment those words were said.
What is Jamie Lee Curtis most known for?
She is most known for her roles in movie Halloween and True Lies.
Also, she has made an impact as an author of several books.
How old was Jamie Lee Curtis in Halloween 1978?
She was 19 years old when she worked in first film Halloween.